Last Modified: May 2018
Innovation Matrix is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose your personal information.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, purposes for which information is being collected will be identified;
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling the specified purposes (or for other compatible purposes), unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law;
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes;
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned;
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date;
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification;
- We will make information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information readily available;
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
How we collect personal data
We collect personal data when you:
- attend our events;
- enter our competitions and surveys;
- sign up to our editorial emails;
- sign up for marketing communications;
- access our sites, through cookies and other similar technology; and
- when you contact us via email, social media or when you mention us on social media.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, personal and professional descriptions. We may also collect information from publicly available sources.
How we use your information
We will use this information:
- for the provision of the services to you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- for identification purposes;
- for sales and marketing purposes;
- for distribution to third party suppliers that provide services to Innovation Matrix or partners of Innovation Matrix, if applicable;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Choice/Opt-Out and Updating Information
If you receive marketing or similar e-mail messages from us and wish to opt out of receiving such messages, you may simply follow the opt-out procedure specified in such e-mail. In addition, if you have registered on our site, you may opt out of receiving any future marketing or similar messages by unsubscribing. You may also reach us at http://www.innovationmatrix.com/about-us/contact-us.
You may complete, update or remove your information at any time by reaching us at http://www.innovationmatrix.com/about-us/contact-us.
We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The list below describes the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for. Currently we operate an “implied consent” policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use this site, or you should delete the cookies having visited the site, or you should browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari etc.).
First Party Cookies
These are cookies that are set by this website directly.
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en.
WordPress: Our websites runs the popular WordPress CMS and cookies are used to store basic data on your interactions with WordPress, and whether you have logged into WordPress. We use a session cookie to remember your log-in for you if you are a registered user and we deem these as being strictly necessary to the working of the website. If these are disabled then various functionalities on the site will be broken.
More information on session cookies and what they are used for at allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html.
Third Party Cookies
These are cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on this site. Cookies of this type are, for example, used for the sharing buttons across the site that allow visitors to share content onto social networks. Cookies are currently set by various providers like LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+. This list may change over time. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of our website. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on this website.
You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
How to contact Innovation Matrix
Any claim relating to the Innovation Matrix’s website shall be governed by the laws of Portugal without regard to its conflict of law provisions.